Last night (4th October 2012) members of the Club travelled to Crewe Photographic Society to witness our performance in the first inter-club competition of the new season.
The Robertshaw competition is contested by five clubs and on this occasion we were pipped at the post by the host club.
Final scores were as follows:
- Blythe Bridge: 155
- Crewe; 171
- Holmes Chapel: 166
- Leek: 169
- Macclesfield: 152
The judge was Tillman Kleinhans EFIAP DPAGB ARPS, who is one of the most popular and entertaining judges in the L&CPU, and he had conscientiously pre-viewed the images. Images were marked out of 20 and Crewe finished with a maximum score of 20, one of two that were awarded on the night, both belonging to Crewe.
We should take encouragement from the scores awarded to some of our 'new images'. Individual scores are reported below. Very many thanks to those club members who offered images for the selection process.
- 1 New Kid on the Block - Cliff Beardmore - 17
- 2 Little Scullery Maids - Brian Ross - 18
- 3 Male Kingfisher- Paul Matthews - 19
- 4 Tri-coloured Heron - Ken Tate - 18
- 5 Ipstones Church Star Trail - Robert Rhead - 15
- 6 Rogue Capercaillie - Chris Sherratt - 14
- 7 From the Root Across - Cliff Hughes - 18
- 8 Peat Water - Chris Sherratt - 13
- 9 Short Eared Owl - Paul Matthews - 19
- 10 Waif - Brian Ross - 18